Saturday, August 30, 2008

I- Catcher Console- Web Monitor Stuffed zucchini flowers



zucchini flowers, originally uploaded by amiloquemegustaescocinar .


The courgette flower I have recently discovered ... go, discover I have not found me, I discovered the taste and all the things you can do with it. Worth trying!
As always I find the dilemma of whether or not sold in Spain, easy or hard to find but they have talked about it in the Palate Direct and I found lots of recipes on the web so I thought that be found somewhere, huh?
Here in Italy is an ingredient that is easily found in any market / supermercado. If anyone can give some clue to buy in Spain ... :)
But what was, I tried the stuffed and fried, cut into strips in a pasta salad and I have a cake on the waiting list is a marvel. A waiting list grows and grows without relief now that I have to work jo! (
Well that's what the weekend, to do these little things that I like and enjoy cooking. This Sunday if weather permits we will go for a walk in the countryside which means that soon there will be a special recipes pic-nic!!
not miss it!


Ingredientis:
12 zucchini flowers
250 of fresh ricotta or cottage cheese
Colatura of alici or 2 anchovies
250 g rice flour 100 ml water
natural gas 100 ml very cold beer

A pinch of salt virgin olive oil


Preparation:

Gradually add water and beer to flour, stirring to avoid lumps. The dough should be thick but still fairly liquid. The amounts are calculated a little eye. Add salt and a little more beer if we see that the dough is too thick.
Let stand in refrigerator for at least two hours or better overnight.
Clean the zucchini flowersremoving the style and the stalk, being careful not to break. Wash the flowers under tap water and dry gently.
Crush the anchovies and mix the cream cheese, stir-ta have a cream form. Stuff the flowers with her.
Heat plenty of oil in a skillet. Dip the flowers into the body quickly and fry until golden brown.
Drain on paper towels.
Salt lightly and serve hot.

And speaking of frying: looking for here and there I found discrepancies in what the smoke point of oils is concerned. Some argue that the seed oils (sunflower, corn, soybeans) have a higher smoke point and is therefore moreable for frying, some say it is the olive oil.
The smoke point is the temperature at which the oil is changed emitting smoke and toxic substances that may be so whether olive seed and never exceed the recommended 180 degrees. In this way we ensure a fry light, clean and healthy.

Download the PDF recipe
stuffed zucchini flowers

0 comments:

Post a Comment