Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Confindentiality Clause Burrrr, its cold!


Our first full day here filled snow! And some rain. I only fell flat on my bum once though! – on black ice, I laughed really hard haha

So I didn´t get to go to the Leprechaun museum… but!!!... I did so the Christ´s Church Cathedral, St. Patrick´s Cathedral, Dublin Castle, lunch with Emma´s Uncle, an Iranian art museum, the National Gallery, St. Stephen’s Green, Trinity College, a Christmas market, Bewley´s and a pub!

It was a busy day and pretty darn cold, or freezing should I say. Negative degrees Celsius.

But, anyways, the castle was nice but St. Patrick´s was amazing! It had snow covering its front yard and beautiful gothic architecture within. This is the church where Handel first debut the Messiah and they still have the organ he used! How amazing! I also really liked the Christams market even though I couldn´t feel my hands, feet, or face by the end of it. Did I mention it was cold? It was just so picturesque though with the trees, snow, and all the stands with the goodies. I tried Turkish delight for the first time! Not my favorite but at least I tried the dessert of the Lion the witch and the wardrobe. I did though buy a beautiful glass candle bulb thingy that was handmade in Poland (I know, not Irish) but is stunning in the light. I can´t wait to light the candle and see the light shine through the hand-blown glass.

So after all the walking we had some lovely cake, and tea(not me) at Bewleys while I watched these little kids at the table next to us roast their marshmallows from their coco over the table candles. Why didn´t I think of that??

We finished off the night with a quaint little pub but couldn´t really hear the penny pipes being played so called it a night.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment